OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration
Qualification Number: 603/5735/6
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration is a postgraduate level recognised qualification suitable for learners to gain skills in public service administration.
Public service managers face an increasing pace of change, combined with pressures to deliver more with less, navigate a complex policy context and enhance performance while sustaining public service values. Designed for professionals in public and non-profit organisations who provide strong and comprehensive support, this OTHM Level 7 Diploma qualification will equip you to meet these challenges.
You will study three aspects of public administration:
- The policy process, within which public services are developed.
- The organisational and human context through which public services are delivered.
- The wider social, economic and political environment that shapes public service demands and constraints.
You will learn how to analyse complex public management problems, lead change effectively, and develop your ability to manage through networks and partnerships. You will be able to shape and deliver the public services of the future and move into more strategic roles in a wide range of organisations.
Over the course of the programme you will grow as a competent and reflective practitioner, both in your current role, and in preparation for more demanding roles in the future.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Public Administration qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years old or older at the beginning of the course
The degree can be in any subject, although we may give preference to learners with knowledge of relevant areas include – Management or Business Studies, Economics, Finance or Accounting and any social science.
Alternative professional qualifications with at least three years’ relevant work experience in the public service field will also be considered. This could be in roles in local or national government, or in non-governmental and inter-governmental organisations, the voluntary and charitable sector, and private sector roles which support or deliver public services.
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency.