OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership
Qualification Number: 603/4248/1
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership, learners must:
- possess an honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification;
- be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course; or
- be mature learners with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 7 diplomas on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) are at the same level as master’s degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full masters programme.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Education Management and Leadership qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Contemporary Issues in Education: Theory, Policy and Practice (20 credits)
- The Management of Educational Change (20 credits)
- Managing Effective Intercultural Communication and Perspectives (20 credits)
- Pedagogy and Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Leading Reflective Practice in Education (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Education (20 credits)