OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
Qualification Number: 603/3685/7
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities. Learners will acquire care management skills in the Health and Social Care sector.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Partnership Working in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Safeguarding and Protecting Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Improvement and Promotion of Well-being (20 credits)
- Leading Teams in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Providing Professional Supervision for Staff (20 credits)
- Research in Health and Social Care (20 credits)